Sunday 20 May 2012

All you need is... a speed-dater date?

Minnie


So this week I met up with Joe, a match from the speed dating night (we both ticked each other). I had the benefit of looking him up on  facebook before we met (my privacy settings were far too strong for him to get a glimpse of more than my profile picture) and I was pleased to find that if anything he was better looking than I remembered. Excellent.


We arranged to meet at Waterloo station after we had both finished work. The organisation of the date was entirely in Joe's hands. With the last date I had been on (pre-blog) having been essentially a big disappointment, I was determined not to let my hopes get too high. I knew that we could get on well for three minutes but after that anything could happen.


However, I wasn't disappointed. He took me to a bar that had a great atmosphere and location. It was full of comfy sofas, dim lighting and coffee tables. We met at seven and didn't leave until past ten - I'm no expert but I think that's pretty good going for a first date. We went from talking about our jobs to bonding over terrible interview experiences, to our mutual love and appreciation of cardigans, to hilarious osteopath exercises that we have tried. He was funny, charming and had even been a model during a year in Japan. He seemed like the kind of guy who was willing to give pretty much anything a try once, which is an attitude I like in people.


Nevertheless, by the end of the date I felt as though I had caught up with an old friend rather than found my next boyfriend. We made each other laugh, but my heart wasn't all aflutter in his presence. As we walked towards our separate tube platforms the thought ran through my mind - was this going to be an awkward 'goodbye kiss' moment? Luckily I think we both felt the same way and we ended the evening with a hug and peck on the cheek. And so the search for my perfect match continues...


Minnie x




No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

We welcome all comments and suggestions, please contact us at amieandminnie@gmail.com