Sunday 2 December 2012

All you need is...that first date?


Minnie

Apologies for the lack of posts in recent months. I've been travelling the world and Amie has begun her first proper grown up job: it turns out that these life events can seriously inconvenience the old blog postin'. But don't worry we are well and truly back on the blogging wagon.

So the really big news is that I finally took the plunge and went on my first ever online dating date. I saw this as somewhat of a milestone in the dating scale, as I must admit that I didn’t grow up envisioning that I would be online dating at the ripe old age of early-twenty-something. I had more of the ‘gorgeous, funny, intelligent man sweeps me off my feet’ scenario planned out in my head, but hey ho, as the saying goes if you want something done do it yourself. So I took control and arranged to meet up with Luke. A good looking (in his profile picture anyway) web designer from west London. Our date took place at a pub near my work (already scoring brownie points by trekking to my neck of the woods). Luke was indeed as handsome in the flesh as he was on screen. He was also an expert in wine tasting, and therefore choosing wine – excellent.

Now before I continue, I must confess that this date actually happened quite a while ago (before travelling the world got in the way of my blogging career) however, I came away from it feeling no urge to rush straight to my laptop to write down all the hilarious things that happened. Why? Because to be perfectly honest nothing hilarious, weird, or even particularly interesting did happen. I just had a really nice time (I know, how boring). A date of easy conversation and some very good wine. It led to a second date, which consisted of a night out at a Cuban bar with Amie and Luke's housemate. It was all looking very promising; maybe you're thinking - is this the real deal? Did Minnie find her perfect man? Is that the real reason for the recent dearth of fascinating blog updates regarding her love life? Well, fear not my friends because unfortunately for me - I just didn't FANCY him. He was lovely, and very nice, and funny, and charming. But for some reason there was just no spark there. No metaphorical crashing waves or heart beats racing at top speed. Not even a smattering of butterflies. Nothing. Do you know how I decisively came to this conclusion? Because I went to buy travel insurance the day after our second date, and the Australian guy who served me was so disarmingly attractive that I almost forgot where I was even going on holiday. It became horribly clear that the instant attraction I felt for him was utterly missing with Luke. This realisation led to many protestations from Amie ('But he's so nice, how can you not like him?' Look at his smile! He has such a good smile.) but I know that it is not to be. Although I may have found a new friend, I have not found a new boyfriend. And believe me, I am the most disappointed of all. 

Here's to the next date...

x

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

We welcome all comments and suggestions, please contact us at amieandminnie@gmail.com